Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Egg Nog Bread

This recipe was received from my Sister-in-law. She brought this tasty bread to the family Christmas gathering last weekend and it was awesome! Of course I had to ask her for the recipe!!

Might be kinda tough to make mine compare to hers as I can't get Jilberts Egg Nog around here. But I guess I will have to wait and see how mine turns out!! I am also trying to figure out how I can make it a little more Weight Watchers friendly, but since it has egg nog in it, I am thinking that is not going to happen!


Eggnog Bread

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup dairy eggnog
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. rum extract (I left this out since I don't have any)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease bottom of bread pan.
Beat eggs, add sugar, eggnog, butter, rum and vanilla.
Blend well, add flour, baking powder and nutmeg.
Stir until just moistened. Pour into greased pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool bread completely before slicing.

one 9x5 or three 3x5

I think one of the keys to this bread being so good is that it was made with Jilbert's eggnog

No comments: